Reflecting our agency’s continued growth, the Digital Quality Assurance Specialist (DQAS) is a new role as part of the JRT creative technology team. Your responsibilities will include defining and executing the test strategy for all digital properties and applications, taking ownership of the quality assurance process and its execution. The primary focus will be on interactive online applications for both desktop and mobile platforms, testing both simple and complex interactive applications using the latest web technology.
This is a hands-on role, reporting to the Director of UX and Chief Creative Officer, Innovation, but also interacting with a strongly collaborative team across development, design, content creation, project management and other functions. General knowledge of front-end and back-end development processes and environments is essential, and respecting the quality and flow of the work product is necessary. On the softer side, if you draw strength from being instrumental to our work for some of the best-known global brands, this role could be for you.
If this initial description is appealing, please read on for more specific responsibilities and qualifications. If we’re describing a role and place that you’d like to know more about, please start a conversation with us by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and resume, including “Digital Quality Assurance Specialist” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Performing quality review on new development; checking functionality, UX and accessibility; and verifying accuracy of content
- Responsible for reviewing websites and web-based applications to identify problems with content, layout and browser-related issues
- Create and execute test plans (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Bug reporting and checking the status of previously reported issues
- Ensure design and usability standards/best practices are being followed
- Educate others in QA process in an effort to minimize defects
- 2 years of proven experience as a quality assurance tester or similar
- Bachelor in Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure
- Skills in Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, W3C, PowerMapper, Litmus, Browser development tools
ABOUT THE JRT AGENCY®
The JRT agency® is a creative marketing communications agency made up of people with diverse skills and experiences. Along with our sister company, CG Detroit®, we are roughly 100 strong, described as a 44-year-old shop that thinks like a start-up, working with some of the biggest automotive brands and other great companies in a variety of industries. We excel in advertising, publishing, PR, experiential marketing, web development and digital media technologies, offering highly competitive salaries, paid time off, healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and more. We love, love, love and reward high achievers who show a passion for their work and naturally possess a high-performance, collaborative work ethic. Importantly, we reciprocate by working as a transparent culture with open dialogue and monthly agency meetings. We also give back to the community regularly and enjoy seasonal social activities too.
See yourself here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.