Yep, the JRT agency® is growing, so we’re looking for a Front End Developer. But not just anyone. Do you want to become part of a highly talented team of communication specialists that creates digital solutions for our diverse base of well-known marketing, experiential and advertising clients? Do you take pride in excelling in your work and being challenged with new opportunities? If you’re a committed, passionate person with a strong job-completion mentality, consider joining our diverse group of digital specialists in UX, design, content marketing, front and back end development, video production and business analytics.
Yes, we’re a goal-oriented team, but a big part of who we are is understanding the personal benefits of a balanced work-life environment. As such, we collaborate as a team to get our work done, not unreasonably, and with flexible starting times. In short, if you’re committed, we will be too, to your professional growth and well-being by including you in a team with other inspiring, yet sensible folks.
If this initial description appeals to you, please read on for more specific responsibilities and qualifications. If we’re describing a role and place that you’d like to know more about, please start a conversation with us by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and resume, including “Front End Developer” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Create applications using the latest in front-end technologies and frameworks (HTML5, CSS3, JS, Angular and Vue.js )
- Execute and hit deadlines, as well as provide timely feedback when needed
- Research/experiment with new technologies and industry trends
- Collaborate with the Design Team in determining restrictions with comps
- Write clean, modern, scalable and maintainable code for our web applications
- Be passionate and proud of the work you are contributing to
- Drive an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement
- Must have 3+ years of experience in writing thoughtful, well-formed XHTML, HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as Sass, LESS or Stylus
- Functional understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) principles
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or similar software
- Functional understanding of how to integrate front end and back end technologies, such as consuming/using RESTful APIs
- Experience with Google Analytics to track website behavior and event tracking
- Experience with SEO strategy, reporting and best practices
- Thrives in a collaborative environment where feedback from colleagues is encouraged
- Conduct site audits, backlink audits, keyword research and competitor research
- Must be able to provide portfolio/examples of work
About the JRT agency®
The JRT agency® is a creative marketing communications agency made up of people with diverse skills and experiences. Along with our sister company, CG Detroit®, we are roughly 100 strong, described as a 44-year-old shop that thinks like a start-up, working with some of the biggest automotive brands and other great companies in a variety of industries. We excel in advertising, publishing, PR, experiential marketing, web development and digital media technologies, offering highly competitive salaries, paid time off, healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and more. We love, love, love and reward high achievers who show a passion for their work and naturally possess a high-performance, collaborative work ethic. Importantly, we reciprocate by working as a transparent culture with open dialogue and monthly agency meetings. We also give back to the community regularly and enjoy seasonal social activities too.
See yourself here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.