The JRT agency® is looking for a Full Stack Developer. But not just anyone. Do you want to become part of a highly talented team of communication specialists that creates applications for our diverse base of well-known marketing, experiential and advertising clients? Do you take pride in excelling in your work and being challenged with new opportunities? If you’re a committed, passionate person with a strong job-completion mentality, consider joining our diverse group of digital specialists in UX, design, content marketing, front and back-end development, video production and business analytics.
And, while we’re deadline focused, a big part of who we are is understanding the personal benefits of a balanced work-life environment. As such, we work as a team to get our work done, not unreasonably, and with flexible starting times. In short, if you’re committed, we will also be committed to your professional growth and well-being by teaming you up with other inspiring, yet sensible folks.
If this initial description appeals to you, please read on for more specific responsibilities and qualifications. If we’re describing a role and place that you’d like to know more about, please start a conversation with us by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and resume, including “Full Stack Developer” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Create/maintain MVC and REST applications integrating the latest in front-end (HTML5, JS, CSS3) and back-end (Java, Groovy) technologies
- Create/maintain unit tests
- Create/configure/normalize databases (MySQL, DB2)
- Set up and configure web servers (Apache, NGINX) and application servers (Tomcat)
- Write clean, modern, scalable and maintainable code for our web applications
- Be passionate and proud of the work to which you are contributing
- Drive an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement
- Must have 3+ years of experience in writing thoughtful, well-formed Java, PHP, HTML5 and CSS3
- Comfortable in the Unix/Linux shell environment
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Proficient with one or more of the following back-end languages/frameworks: Java/Stripes/Spring, Groovy/Grails
- Proficient with writing custom SQL and using more advanced database features like creating indexes, stored procedures and triggers
- Extremely knowledgeable in OOP and algorithms
- Thrives in a collaborative environment where feedback from colleagues is encouraged
- Conduct site audits, backlink audits, keyword research and competitor research
- Must be able to provide portfolio/examples of work
ABOUT THE JRT AGENCY
The JRT agency® is a marketing communications agency made up of people with a diverse set of skills and experience. Along with our sister company, CG Detroit, we have strong client relationships with some of the biggest automotive brands and other great companies in a variety of industries. We love, and reward, high achievers who show a passion for their work and naturally possess a high-performance work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.