We’re looking for the right Software Architect to bolster a highly talented team of communication specialists creating applications for our diverse base of well-known marketing, experiential and advertising clients. Do you take pride in excelling in your work and being challenged with new opportunities? If you’re a committed, passionate person with a strong job-completion mentality, consider joining our diverse group of digital specialists in UX, design, content marketing, front and back end development, video production and business analytics.
In addition, while we’re task completion focused, a big part of who we are is understanding the personal benefits of a balanced work-life environment. As such, we work as a team to get our work done, not unreasonably, and with flexible starting times. In short, if you’re committed, we will be too, to your professional growth and well-being by working with other inspiring, yet sensible folks.
If this initial description appeals to you, please read on for more specific responsibilities and qualifications. If we’re describing a role and place that you’d like to know more about, please start a conversation with us by emailing (email@example.com) your cover letter and resume, including “Software Architect” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns and the ability to apply them
- Complete technical support of projects from inception, through product release, including future enhancements
- Define product requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Implement real-time, high-performance web applications for desktop and mobile
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone to evaluate and work with new technologies
- Drive an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement
- Must have 5+ years of experience in similar software developer positions, handling enterprise projects from concept to production
- Excellent knowledge of application design and architecture
- Experience building service-oriented applications at enterprise scale
- Expert level experience in Java EE and the Spring framework
- Deep and thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming principles, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- MySQL experience with complex queries, stored procedures and query optimization
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Detailed verbal and written communications skills
About the JRT agency®
The JRT agency® is a creative marketing communications agency made up of people with diverse skills and experiences. Along with our sister company, CG Detroit®, we are roughly 100 strong, described as a 44-year-old shop that thinks like a start-up, working with some of the biggest automotive brands and other great companies in a variety of industries. We excel in advertising, publishing, PR, experiential marketing, web development and digital media technologies, offering highly competitive salaries, paid time off, healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and more. We love, love, love and reward high achievers who show a passion for their work and naturally possess a high-performance, collaborative work ethic. Importantly, we reciprocate by working as a transparent culture with open dialogue and monthly agency meetings. We also give back to the community regularly and enjoy seasonal social activities too.
See yourself here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.